A. Cicone, N. Guglielmi, V. Yu. Protasov. Linear switched dynamical systems on graphs. Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems. Volume 29, Pages 165-186, 2018. doi:10.1016/j.nahs.2018.01.006 (arXiv)
M. Piersanti, M. Materassi, A. Cicone, L. Spogli, H. Zhou, R. G. Ezquer. Adaptive Local Iterative Filtering: a promising technique for the analysis of non-stationary signals. Journal of Geophysical Research - Space Physics, Volume 123, Issue 1, Pages 1031-1046, 2018. doi: 10.1002/2017JA024153
A. Cicone, H.-T. Wu. How Nonlinear-Type Time-Frequency Analysis Can Help in Sensing Instantaneous Heart Rate and Instantaneous Respiratory Rate from Photoplethysmography in a Reliable Way. Front. Physiol. Volume 8, Article Number 701, 2017. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2017.00701 (arXiv)
A. Cicone, H. Zhou. Multidimensional Iterative Filtering method for the decomposition of high-dimensional non-stationary signals. Cambridge Core in Numerical Mathematics: Theory, Methods and Applications, Volume 10, Issue 2, Pages 278-298, 2017. doi:10.4208/nmtma.2017.s05 (arXiv).
A. Cicone, J. Liu, H. Zhou. Adaptive Local Iterative Filtering for Signal Decomposition and Instantaneous Frequency analysis. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, Volume 41, Issue 2, Pages 384-411, 2016. doi:10.1016/j.acha.2016.03.001 (arXiv)
A. Cicone, J. Liu and H. Zhou. Hyperspectral Chemical Plume Detection Algorithms Based On Multidimensional Iterative Filters Decomposition. Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A, Volume 374, Issue 2065, Article Number 20150196, 2016.
doi: 10.1098/rsta.2015.0196 (arXiv)
A. Cicone, A. D'Innocenzo, N. Guglielmi, L. Laglia. A sub-optimal solution for optimal control of linear systems with unmeasurable switching delays. 2015 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) Pages 2933-2938. (arXiv)
R. M. Jungers, A.Cicone, N. Guglielmi Lifted polytope methods for computing the joint spectral radius. SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications. Volume 35, Issue 2, Pages 391-410, 2014. doi: 10.1137/130907811 (arXiv)
A. Cicone, N. Guglielmi, S. Serra-Capizzano, M. Zennaro.
Finiteness property of pairs of 2 × 2 sign-matrices via real extremal polytope norms.
Linear Algebra and its Applications, Volume 432, Issue 2-3, Pages 796-816, 2010.
doi: 10.1016/j.laa.2009.09.022 (pdf)
A. Cicone, S. Serra-Capizzano. Google PageRanking Problem: The Model and the Analysis.
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Volume 234, Issue 11, Pages 3140-3169, 2010. doi: 10.1016/j.cam.2010.02.005 (pdf)
A. Cicone. Spectral Properties of Families of Matrices. (pdf)
Numerical Analysis, Applied Mathematics
Signal Processing: Decompostion of nonstationary signals
Spectral properties of sets of matrices: Joint Spectral Radius
Fast computation of tight bounds for the joint spectral radius (with Vladimir Yu. Protasov)
Study of boundary conditions in the Iterative Filtering method for the decomposition of nonstationary signals (with Pietro Dell'Acqua)
- Joint Spectral Radius approximation (Matlab)
- Joint Spectral Radius through conitopes - part of Jungers' JSR Toolbox (Matlab)
- Iterative Filtering method with Fokker-Planck filter (Matlab) (GitHub) new version based on FFT!
- Adaptive Local Iterative Filtering - ALIF (Matlab) (GitHub)
- Instantaneous Frequency evaluation (Matlab)
- Multidimensional Iterative Filtering (Matlab) (GitHub)
Last update: April 11, 2018
- SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra (SIAM-ALA18), Hong Kong, May 4-8, 2018
- MicroLocal and Time-Frequency Analysis 2018, Turin, July 2-6, 2018
- European Geosciences Union general Assembly 2018, Vienna, April 8-13, 2018
- Convegno biennale del GNCS, Montecatini Terme, February 14-16, 2018
- 2 giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica, Padova, February 8-9, 2018
- INdAM Workshop DREAMS, Roma, January 22-26, 2018
- Conference on Modern Mathematical Methods and High Performance Computing in Science and Technology, (M3HPCST), Gaziabad in Utter Pradesh, India, January 4-6, 2018
- American Geophysical Union Fall meeting, New Orleans, USA, December 11-15, 2017
- INdAM Meeting: Structured Matrices in Numerical Linear Algebra: Analysis, Algorithms and Applications, Cortona, September 4-8, 2017
- INdAM Day, Messina, June 7, 2017
- Aspects of Time-Frequency Analysis, Torino, June 5-6, 2017
- European Geosciences Union general Assembly 2017, Vienna, April 23-28, 2017
- 2 giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica, Como, February 16-17, 2017
- 102° Congresso Nazionale - Società Italiana di Fisica, Padova, September 26-30, 2016
- Congresso Nazionale SIMAI, Milano, September 13-16, 2016
- Giornata Indam 2016, Perugia, June 8, 2016
- SIAM conference on Imaging Science, Albuquerque, New Mexico, May 23-26, 2016
- GAMM 87th Annual Scientific Conference, Braunschweig, Germany, March 7-11, 2016
- Convegno biennale del GNCS, Montecatini Terme, February 2-4, 2016
- Winter School on Advances in Mathematics of Signal Processing, HIM, Bonn, Germany, January 11-15, 2016
- 54th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Osaka, Japan, December 15-18, 2015
- SIAM conference on Applied Linear Algebra, Atlanta, USA, October 26-30, 2015
- XX Congresso dell'Unione Matematica Italiana, Siena, September 7-12, 2015
- Calcolo Scientifico e Modelli Matematici, Genova, Italy, June 3-5, 2015
- GAMM 86th Annual Scientific Conference, Lecce, Italy, March 23-27, 2015
A. Cicone. Nonstationary signal decomposition for dummies. To appear in the book Advances in Mechanics and Mathematics (arXiv)
A. Cicone, C. Garoni, S. Serra-Capizzano. Spectral and convergence analysis of the Discrete ALIF method (Technical report)
A. Cicone, H. Zhou. Iterative Filtering algorithm numerical analysis with new efficient implementations based on FFT (arXiv)
A note on the Joint Spectral Radius. (arXiv)
● The paper "Adaptive local iterative filtering for signal decomposition and instantaneous frequency analysis" published on ACHA is officially in the top 1% of the academic field of Mathematics based on a highly cited threshold for the field and publication year 2017 (ref. Web of Science).
● I have been invitated to give a talk ath the SIAM-ALA18 conference in Hong Kong.
● New version of Iterative Filtering based on FFT available through GitHub!