Homepage of Federico Bonetto
Rome: the Imperial Fora
School of Mathematics
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332
- Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics:
Fermi surface for interacting fermions in 1 and 2 dimesions at zero temperature.
- Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, numerical results:
Chaotic maps, billiard systems: invariant measure and large deviations.
- Dynamical systems Theory: Perturbation theory for coupled lattice maps:
regularity of marginal distributions and characterization of macroscopic properties.
- Non-Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, rigorous results:
chains of anharmonic oscillator studied via functional integration techniques:
validity of Fourier's law.
- G. Gallavotti, F. Bonetto, and G. Gentile,
Aspect of the ergodic, qualitative and statistic
theory of motion
Springer Verlag, Texts and Monographs in Physics, Berlin (2004), I.
Here is a
list of errors/corrections.
- F. Bonetto, J.L. Lebowitz, and L. Rey-Bellet
Fourier's Law: a Challenge for Theorists,
Mathematical Physics 2000, Edited by A. Fokas,
A. Grigoryan, T. Kibble and B. Zegarlinsky, Imprial College Press, 128-151
- F. Bonetto, M. Loss, H. Tossounian, and R. Vaidyanathan,
Uniform Approximation of a Maxwellian Thermostat by Finite Reservoirs CMP 1--29 (2016)
- F. Bonetto, N. Gallandat, and J.R. Mayor J.R., Ionic Wind Heat
Transfer Enhancement in Vertical, Rectangular Channels - Part II: Experimental Study and Model
Validation, Journal of Thermal Science and Engineering Applications 9 021005-021005-9 (2016)
- F. Bonetto, N. Chernov, A. Korepanov, and J. Lebowitz, Speed Distribution
of N Particles in the Thermostated Periodic Lorentz Gas with a Field, European Physics Letter 102,
- F, Bonetto, E. Carlen, R. Esposito, J. Lebowitz, and R. Marra Propagation
of Chaos for a Thermostated Kinetic Model, Journal of Statistical Physics 154, 265-285 (2014)
- F. Bonetto, and V. Mastropietro, Quantum Phase Transition in an
Interacting Fermionic Chain., Annales Henri Poincaré 15(12) 01 (2014)
Ignoranti quem portum petat nullus suus ventus est
Epistolae, LXXI., 3, Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
Macbeth, William Shakespeare.
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Auferre trucidare rapere falsis nominibus imperium, atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
De vita et moribus Iulii Agricolae, Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions.
Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, Karl Marx