Topology Students Workshop
In addition to research talks by leading mathematicians in geometry and topology, we will have hands-on training and panel discussions on professional development topics such as:
Participants will also have the opportunity to give their own 20 minute lectures and have them critiqued in a constructive environment.
The workshop is geared towards graduate students in the areas of geometry and topology. Some accepted students will receive some funding for travel and local accomodations.
- Creating and delivering research presentations
- The grant writing process
- The publishing process
- Navigating the hiring process
- Writing teaching statements and research statements
- Working with Sage, Beamer, and Inkscape
- Creating a professional web page
- Careers in and out of academia
- Teaching effectively and efficiently
- Applying for jobs