As an Academic Professional Associate in the School of Mathematics at Georgia Tech, I teach undergraduate level courses at the 1000 and 2000 level, support curriculum development initiatives within the School of Mathematics (eg - applied combinatorics), support the development and delivery of distance education courses for advanced high school students in the Distance Mathematics Program, support the continuous improvement of undergraduate level courses through conducting research on teaching and learning activities within the School of Math, and help support the School of Math advertise its news and events through its website and social media.
More detailed information on my professional training and experiences are available through my Research Gate profile, a somewhat recent version of my CV (PDF), and a somewhat recent version of my teaching philosophy statement (PDF).
A complete list of my publications can be found on my Research Gate profile.
Mayer, G., Lingle, J., Usselman, M. (in press). Student involvement, satisfaction, and cohesion in synchronous online recitations mediated over web conferencing software. Educational Technology & Society. Preprint (PDF).
Mayer, G. (2016). Small Group Work and Whole Group Discussion Mediated Through Web Conferencing Software. International Journal for Scholarship of Technology Enhanced Learning., 1(1), full article (PDF).
Mayer, G., Vrscay, E., (2007). Measuring information gain for frequency-encoded super-resolution MRI. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 25(7). Journal website.
Recent Teaching Experience
- 2016 Fall: Math 1554, Linear Algebra. For Geogria Tech's High School Mathematics Program. Course instructor.
- 2016 Summer: Math 2550, Introduction to Multivariable Calculus. 14 students. Course instructor.
- 2016 Spring: Math 2550, Introduction to Multivariable Calculus. 83 students. Course instructor and course coordinator.
- 2015 Fall: Math 1502, Calculus II. For Geogria Tech's High School Mathematics Program. Roughly 200 high school students and 50 undergraduate students. Course instructor.
- syllabus (PDF)
I welcome requests to review articles for peer-reviewed journals. In 2016, I reviewed submissions to
- the International Journal for Scholarship of Technology Enhanced Learning,
- the World Journal of Education Research, and
- Studies in English Language Teaching.
For most communication, the best way to reach me is by email.