Visiting assistant professor,
Department of Mathematics,
Georgia Institute of Technology.
686 Cherry St,
Atlanta, GA 30313
Email: jhao6 (at) gatech (dot) edu
My research mainly focuses on algebraic coding theory and information theory. I did my PhD under the supervision of Nigel Boston.
- "Distribution of the minimal distance of random linear codes",with Han Huang, Galyna Livshyts, Konstantin Tikhomirov, submitted, arXiv: 1912.12833
- “Dual Loomis-Whitney inequalities via information theory”,with Varun Jog, Entropy, Special Issue "Entropy and Information Inequalities", arXiv: 1901.06789
- Quasi-quadratic residue codes and hyperelliptic curves”, with Nigel Boston, AMS CONM volume on ”Algebraic curves and their applications”
- An entropy inequality for symmetric random variables. With Varun Jog.
accept to ISIT 2018, arXiv: 1801.03868
- The Weight Distribution of Quasi-quadratic Residue Codes. With Nigel Boston.
to appear in Adv. Math. Commun. May 2018, arXiv: 1705.06413
I am teaching Introduction to Discrete Mathematics and Graph Theory in Spring 2020.
- Fall 2019: Math 2603. Introduction to Discrete Mathematics and Graph Theory.
- Spring 2017: Math 234. Caculus: Functions of Several Variables.
- Fall 2016: Math 211. Business Calculus.
- Spring 2016: Math 211. Business Calculus.
- Fall 2015: Math 211. Business Calculus.
- Spring 2015: Math 234. Caculus: Functions of Several Variables.
- Fall 2014: Math 234. Caculus: Functions of Several Variables.
- Spring 2014: Math 221. Caculus and Analytic Geometry I.
- Fall 2013: Math 221. Caculus and Analytic Geometry I.
- Workshop in convexity and geometric aspects of Harmonic Analysis, Dec 2019
- CMS Sectional Meeting, Dec 2019
invited talk at the "Interplay between Discrete Geometry, Analysis and Combinatorics" section.
- High-dimensional seminar, Dec Sep 2019
- International Symposium of Information Theory, Jun 2018
- AMS Sectional Meeting at the University of St. Thomas, Oct 2016
invited talk at the "Advances in Algebraic Coding Theory" session.
- 54th Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing, Sep 2016 invited talk at the "Combinatorial and Algebraic Coding Theory" session.
- Applied Algebra Days 3, contributed talk, Apr 2016
- North American School of Information Theory (NASIT), Aug 2015
- Modern Applications of Representation Theory, Jul-Aug 2014