Math 2602 (G): Linear and Discrete Mathematics
Spring 2012, Georgia Tech
Schedule (subject to change)
Instructor: Josephine Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lectures: MWF 1:05-1:55pm in Howey (Physics) L3
Office hours: MW 10-11 am and by appointment, in Skiles 223
Textbook: Linear and Discrete Mathematics, special edition for Georgia Tech.
Topics: Set theory, induction, recurrence relations, complexity, permutations and combinations, counting, probability, graph and tree algorithms, solving linear equations, eigenvalues/vectors, linear programming.
Grading: Quizzes (10%), Best two exams (25% each), Final exam (40%).
Sections: TR 1:05-1:55 pm.
- G1(CRN 20593) Skiles 269, Robert Krone
- G2(CRN 20592) Skiles 170, Chun-Hung Liu
- G3(CRN 23581) Skiles 171, Jamie Conway
TA email address, office, and office hours:
- Krone (rkrone@math), Skiles 149
- Liu (cliu87@math), Skiles 146A, R 2-3
- Conway (conway@math), Skiles 146B, R 12-1
Center for academic success: Drop-in and one-on-one tutoring.
- Jamie Conway, M 1-2
- Robert Krone, M 4-5
- Chun-Hung Liu, R 11-12
- Geehoon Hong, M 3-4
- Thao Vuong, T 4-5
Homework is not collected or graded.
- Welcome to Math 2602!
- (1/10) There will be an extra credit quiz on Thursday, on basic set operations covered on first day's lecture.
- (1/31).This is a reminder that there will be an exam in class (not in section) this Friday (2/3) at 1:05-1:55. No notes or calculators are allowed. The exam will cover sections 5.1-4 and 8.1-2. You can look at an old exam by Prof. Margalit.
- (2/6) Exam 1 solution posted above.
- (2/21) Starting today and for the rest of the semester, the recitation section G3 (TA: Jamie Conway) will meet in Skiles 171.
- (2/29) There will be an exam in class on Friday, covering Chapters 6 and 7. Here is an old exam by Prof. Margalit.
- (3/2) Exam 2 solution posted above.
- (4/11) There will be an exam on Friday, covering Chapters 9, 10, 12, and 13. Here is an old exam and another one by Prof. Margalit.