Math 2602 (G): Linear and Discrete Mathematics
Spring 2013, Georgia Tech
Instructor: Dr. Josephine Yu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lectures: MWF 1:05-1:55pm in Howey (Physics) L2
Office hours: MW 10-11 am and by appointment, in Skiles 223
Textbook: Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications, 7th edition, by Kenneth Rosen
Topics: Logic and proofs, algorithms, induction and recursion, counting, and graphs.
Schedule: Tentative schedule with homework assignments (subject to change)
Course webpage: http://people.math.gatech.edu/~jyu67/teaching/2013Spring2602/
Sections: TR 1:05-1:55 pm.
- G1(CRN 20593) Skiles 271, Himanshu Sahni
- G2(CRN 20592) Skiles 169, Matthew Mills
- G3(CRN 23581) Skiles 317, Vladimir Coxall
TA email address, office, and office hours:
Math Lab: Math tutoring.
- Himanshu Sahni (hsahni3@math), Skiles 140, Wednesdays 4-5 pm
- Matthew Mills (mmills8@gatech), Skiles 230, Tuesdays 2-3 pm
- Vladimir Coxall (vcoxall3@math), Skiles 140, Fridays 4-5 pm
Center for academic success: Drop-in and one-on-one tutoring.
Grading: Quizzes (50 points), in-class exams (300 points), final exam (150 points).
You will need 440 points for an A, 380 points for a B, 320 points for a C, and 260 points for a D.
Homework is not collected or graded.
There will be a quiz during the first 10 minutes of the recitation section on Thursdays, except during the weeks of exams.