Kang, Sung Ha
School of Mathematics, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Maryam Yashtini, Sung Ha Kang, and Wei Zhu, "Efficient Alternating Minimization Methods For Variational Edge-weighted Colorization Models", submitted Oct 2017
- Xiong Ding and Sung Ha Kang, "Adaptive time-stepping exponential integrators for cubic-quintic complex Ginzburg-Landau equations", submitted Sep 2017
- Sung Ha Kang, Seong Jun Kim, and Haomin Zhou, "Path optimization with limited sensing ability", in Journal of Computational Physics Volume 299, 15 October 2015 Pages 887–901. preprint UCLA CAM 14-99
- Sung Ha Kang, Seong Jun Kim, and Haomin Zhou, "Optimal Sensor Positioning (OSP); A Probability Perspective Study", SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 39(5), 759-777, 2017
- Tony. F. Chan, Sung Ha Kang and Jianhong Shen,``Euler's Elastica and
curvature based inpaintings'', SIAM journal on Applied Mathematics, Volume 63, Number 2, Pages 564-592, 2002.
Preprint UCLA CAM01-12 .
- Tony F. Chan and Sung Ha Kang, ``Error analysis for image
inpainting'', Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Volume 26, Number 1-2, pages 85-103, 2006.
Full color images available at: UCLA CAM 04-72.
- Sung Ha Kang and Jianhong Shen, "Video dejittering by bake and shake",
Image and vision computing, Volume 24, Issue 2, Pages 143-152, 2006.
Full color images available at: UCLA CAM 04-60.
- Sung Ha Kang and Jianhong Shen, ``On the slicing moments of BV
functions and applications to image dejittering'', Image Processing Based on Partial Differential Equations, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pages 35-55, 2007.
Preprint UCLA CAM05-11.
- Jianhong Shen and Sung Ha Kang, ``Quantum TV and Applications in Image Processing'', Inverse Problems and Imaging, Volume 1, Number 3, Pages 557-575, 2007.
Preprint UCLA CAM07-09.
- James H. Money and Sung Ha Kang, ``Total variation semi-blind deconvolution
using shock filters", Image and Vision Computing Volume 26, Issue 2, Pages 302-314, 2008.
Preprint IMA preprint 2106.
- Yifei Lou, Sung Ha Kang, Stefano Soatto and Andrea Bertozzi, "Video Stabilization of Atmospheric Turbulence Distortion", Inverse Problems and Imaging, Pages: 839 - 861, Volume 7, Issue 3, 2013.
Preprint UCLA CAM 12-30
- Sung Ha Kang, Wei Zhu, and Jianhong (Jackie) Shen, "Illusory Shapes via Corner Fusion", SIAM J. Imaging Sci., 7(4), 1907–1936, 2014
Preprint UCLA CAM 14-21
- Maryam Yashtini, Sung Ha Kang, "Alternating Direction Method of Multiplier for Euler's Elastica-Based Denoising", International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVM) 2015: 690-701.
- Maryam Yashtini and Sung Ha Kang, "A fast relaxed normal two split method and an effective weighted TV approach for Euler's elastica image inpainting", SIAM Journal of Imaging Science , Volume 9, Number 4, pages 1552-1581, 2016.
Color Image Analysis
- Tony. F. Chan, Sung Ha Kang and Jianhong Shen, ``Total variation denoising
and enhancement of color images based on the CB and HSV color
Models'', Journal of Visual Communication and Image
Representation, Volume 12, Issue 4, Pages 422-435, 2001.
Full color images available at: UCLA CAM00-25.
- Jean-Francois Aujol and Sung Ha Kang, ''Color image decomposition and restoration'', Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation , Volume 17, Issue 4, pages 916-928, 2006.
Full color images
available at: UCLA CAM04-73.
- Sung Ha Kang and Riccardo March, ``Variational models for image colorization via
Chromaticity and Brightness decomposition'', IEEE transaction in Image Processing, Volume 16, Issue 9, Pages 2251-2261, 2007.
Full color images : IMA preprint
- Minh Ha-Quang, Sung-Ha Kang, and Triet M. Le, ``Image and Video Colorization Using Vector-Valued Reproducing Kernel Hilbert Spaces", Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision,
Volume 37, Number 1, Pages: 49 - 65, 2010.
- Yoon Mo Jung, Sung Ha Kang and Jianhong Shen, ``Multiphase image segmentation via Modica-Mortola phase
transition'', SIAM applied Mathematics, Volume 67, Issue 5, Pages 1213- 1232, 2007.
Preprint UCLA CAM06-31, IMA preprint 2124
- Berta Sandberg, Sung Ha Kang, and Tony F. Chan, ``Unsupervised
Multiphase Segmentation: A phase balancing model", IEEE transaction in Image Processing,
Volume: 19, Issue: 1, pages: 119 - 130, 2010.
- Marco Barchiesi, Sung Ha Kang, Triet Le, Massimiliano Morini,
Marcello Ponsiglione, "A variational model for infinite perimeter
segmentations based on Lipschitz level set functions: denoising while keeping finely oscillatory boundaries", SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation , Volume 8, Issue 5, pp. 1715-1741, 2010
- Sung Ha Kang, Berta Sandberg and Andy Yip, "A Regularized K-means and Multiphase Scale Segmentation", in Inverse problems and imaging, Volume 5, Issue 2, Pages 407-429, 2011
- Frank Crosby and Sung Ha Kang, "Multiphase Segmentation for 3D Flash Lidar Images", in Journal of Pattern Recognition Research, Vol 6, No 2, 193-200, 2011
- Wei Zhu, Sung Ha Kang and George Biros, "A geodesic active contour based variational model for short axis cardiac-MR image segmentation", in International Journal of Computer Mathematics , Volume 90, Issue 1,124-139, 2013
- Sung Ha Kang and Riccardo March, "Existence and regularity of minimizers of a functional for unsupervised multiphase segmentation", in Nonlinear Analysis Series A: Theory, Methods & Applications, Volume 76, Pages 181–201, January 2013.
- Sung Ha Kang, Behrang Shafei and Gabriele Steidl, "Supervised and Transductive Multi-Class Segmentation Using p-Laplacians and RKHS Method", in Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Volume 25, Issue 5, Pages 1136–1148, July 2014. Preprint at uni-kl.de
- Guozhi Dong, Markus Grasmair, Sung Ha Kang, and Otmar Scherzer, ``Scale and Edge Detection with Topological Derivatives", Fourth International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVM) June 2013.
- Sung Ha Kang and Riccardo March, ``Multiphase image segmentation
via equally distanced multiple well potential", in Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation , Volume 25, Issue 6, Pages 1446 -- 1459, 2014.
- Sung Ha Kang, Tony. F. Chan and Stefano Soatto, ``Inpainting from Multiple view",
IEEE Proceedings of First International Symposium on 3D Data Processing Visualization
Transmission, Pages 622-625, 2002.
Preprint UCLA CAM 02-31.
- Triet Le, Minh Ha-Quang and Sung-Ha Kang, ``Reproducing kernel and colorization", Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Sampling Theory and Applications (SAMPTA 09), May 2009.
- Jeff Anderson, Feng-Nan Hwang, Sung Ha Kang, Bahareh Momken, Richard Shugart, Caroline Torcaso, ``Modeling molecular diffusion in soft tissues using fluorescence microscopy", NCSU tech report CRSC-TR00-24, 2000.
- Sung Ha Kang, Tony F. Chan and Stefano Soatto, ``Landmark based inpainting
from Multiple view", UCLA Math CAM Report 02-11, March 2002.
- SeongJai Kim and Sung Ha Kang, ``Implicit Procedures for PDE-based Color Images Denoising via Brightness-Chromaticity", UK tech report 02-07, 2002.