Math 6122 - Algebra II - Spring 2012
- Place and time:
Skiles 170, TueThu 4:35--5:55pm
- Office hours:
- This course gives introductions to classical areas in algebra such as Galois theory, commutative algebra and algebraic geometry, homological algebra and group cohomology, and respresentation theory of finite groups.
Dummit and Foote, Abstract Algebra
- Homework and a project:
- Problem sets will be posted on the webpage. In addition there will be a choice of
The possible articles/topics/projects will be posted on the webpage.
You will be expected to write a summary and give a short presentation in the end of the semester.
- reading a research article;
- studying a topic outside but close to the course material;
- completing a computer algebra project.